What support is available if I’ve been discriminated against? 
If you think you or someone you know has been discriminated against there is a variety of support options available to students.
Support at the University 

  •  Request to Speak to an adviser on Report + Support. An advisor can talk through the University's procedures, inform you on how to make a complaint and let you know what support is available, in confidence.
  • Residential Life. If you are a student in University Halls, all of the residences have Residential Assistants living in-house, who are senior students specially selected and trained for these roles. They are available weekday evenings and weekends if you wish to talk things through. Contact them via email at general.ra@outlook.com 
  • Your Personal Tutor can support you with your studies and can put you in touch with services that can further support you. 
  • Counselling Service. The University’s team of professional counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health workers offers confidential support.
  • The Disability Advisory Support Service. The University’s dedicated disability advisors can provide advice, guidance, and support to students about a range of practical adjustments to your work or studies.
  • Mitigating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened, you can consider applying for mitigating circumstances. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened